Total Calories: 19
1. Soak dried salted cabbage.
2. Cut bamboo shoots in strips, as for French-fried potatoes. Cut soaked cabbage in 1-inch sections.
3. Heat oil and deep-fry bamboo shoots until pale golden. Drain on paper toweling. Sprinkle with salt and sugar keep warm.
4. In another pan, heat sesame oil. Add cabbage and stir-fry to heat through. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
5. Arrange cabbage strips on a platter with bamboo shoots on top, and serve at once.
* For the dried cabbage, substitute fresh mustard cabbage. (See Basic Stir-Fried Vegetables: Specific Vegetable Cooking Instructions for details.)
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.