Total Calories: 51
1. Cut bamboo shoots in strips as for french-fried potatoes.
2. Heat oil and deep-fry bamboo shoots until pale golden. Drain on paper toweling.
3. Blend cornstarch, sugar and cold water.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add bamboo shoots stir-fry to heat through. Sprinkle with soy sauce and blend in.
5. Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken and serve at once.
* Omit the cornstarch paste. In step 4, add 2 teaspoons chili sauce to the oil and heat before adding the bamboo shoots. At the end of step 4, stir in the sugar with the soy sauce.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.