Total Calories: 325
1. Shell oysters. Mince ginger root then combine with soy sauce and sherry. Add to oysters and let stand 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain, discarding marinade.
2. Meanwhile crush nutmeats almost to a powder. Cut each bacon strip crosswise in 4 sections. Sliver smoked ham. Cut scallion stalks in 1/2-inch sections.
3. Dip each oyster in crushed nutmeats then top with a few ham slivers and a piece of scallion. Wrap oysters in bacon sections.
4. Beat egg lightly and blend to a batter with flour, salt and pepper. Dip wrapped oysters in batter to coat.
5. Meanwhile heat oil. Add oysters, a few at a time, and deep-fry until crisp and golden. Drain on paper toweling.
6. Arrange on a bed of shredded lettuce. Garnish with lemon wedges and Chinese parsley.
* For the smoked ham, substitute Chinese sausage.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.