Total Calories: 93
1. Soak fermented black beans.
2. Mince pork, together with parsley, scallions and garlic. Then blend well with soy sauce, oil, cornstarch, sugar, salt and pepper.
3. Cut each bitter melon in 1 1/2-inch slices. With a sharp knife, scoop out the spongy white pulp and seeds at the center of each slice.
4. Stuff pork mixture into centers, letting meat bulge out slightly (it will shrink during cooking).
5. Heat remaining oil. Brown bitter melon slices lightly on both sides then remove from pan.
6. Mash soaked black beans crush remaining garlic. Add to pan add water, and bring to a boil, stirring.
7. Return stuffed bitter melon and bring to a boil again. Then simmer, covered, over medium heat, until done (about 20 minutes).
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.