Total Calories: 544
1. Prepare the fish mixture (from the Edit Tap, click to open recipe and follow instructions).
2. Cut squash in 3/4-inch slices and spread each evenly with the fish mixture.
3. Heat oil. Add squash, fish-side down, and brown lightly over medium heat.
4. Meanwhile combine soy sauce, sherry, water and salt. Add to pan and bring to a boil. Then simmer, covered, until squash is tender (20 to 30 minutes). Garnish with Chinese parsley and serve.
* In step 3, instead of pan-frying squash, deep-fry, fish-side up, basting with hot oil until golden. Then pick up step 4.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.