Total Calories: 59
1. Cut bacon strips in 2-inch sections. Peel and quarter tomatoes. Peel eggplant and cut in 1-inch cubes. Crush garlic.
2. Place bacon in a cold pan then heat and brown lightly. (Do not pour off fat.) Add garlic and stir-fry a few times.
3. Add eggplant cubes stir-fry gently to coat with bacon fat. Then reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, until eggplant begins to soften (about 5 minutes), stirring once or twice.
4. Gently stir in tomatoes. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until eggplant is done (about 5 minutes more). Season with salt and pepper and serve.
* Increase the garlic cloves to 6.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.