Total Calories: 252
1. Peel eggplant cut lengthwise in quarters, then crosswise in 1-inch sections. Crush garlic.
2. Heat oil. Add garlic stir-fry a few times. Add eggplant and stir-fry gently to coat with oil (1 to 2 minutes).
3. Add stock, soy sauce and salt and bring to a boil. Then simmer, covered, until done (10 to 15 minutes).
NOTE: Overcooking makes eggplant mushy. It's at its best when soft on the outside, but still firm inside.
* After step 2, add 1 tablespoon shrimp sauce and stir-fry 1 minute more. Then pick up step 3, omit the soy sauce and salt.
* In step 3, add 2 tablespoons of dried shrimp (which have been simmered 10 minutes in 1 cup of water). Then, during the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the soy sauce and salt. (The shrimp water may be substituted for the stock.)
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.