Total Calories: 232
1. Soak dried mushrooms. Wash clam shells.
2. Pick over crabmeat then mince together with pork, ham, ginger root, scallion and soaked mushrooms.
3. Beat egg lightly add to minced ingredients, along with sherry and salt. Mix well to blend. Stuff mixture into clam shells and dust lightly with flour to seal in.
4. Heat oil. Lower in clam shells, a few at a time, stuffing-side up and deep-fry, basting with hot oil, until golden (about 3 minutes). Drain on paper toweling.
S. Shred onion. Heat remaining oil. Add onion and stir-fry to soften slightly (about 1 minute). Then add stock and heat quickly.
6. Add stuffed clam shells and simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Add remaining sherry simmer, covered. 10 minutes more, and serve.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.