Total Calories: 69
1. Separately soak dried shrimp and dried mushrooms. Reserve mushroomsoaking liquid.
2. Cut lettuce in 2-inch cubes. Bring water to a boil. Blanch lettuce 1 to 2 minutes, then drain.
3. Heat oil. Add shrimp and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add lettuce stir-fry to coat with oil. Then sprinkle with salt.
4. Add mushroom liquid. Bring to boil then simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
5. Add soaked mushrooms, soy sauce and sugar. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes more.
* In step 3, after stir-frying the lettuce, add 1/2 cup bamboo shoots, sliced stir-fry 1 minute more. Then sprinkle with salt.
* In step 5, also add 1 sweet red pepper, sliced or diced.
* After step 5, thicken sauce with a cornstarch paste made of 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.