Total Calories: 138
1. Pick over and shred crabmeat. Cut scallion stalks in 1/2-inch sections. Mince ginger root.
2. Combine soy sauce, sherry and salt.
3. Heat oil. Add crabmeat and minced ginger root stir-fry about 1 minute over medium heat. Add scallion sections stir-fry a few times more.
4. Stir in soy-sherry mixture and heat quickly. Simmer, covered, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Meanwhile blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste then stir in to thicken. Serve at once, either plain or with a vinegar dip (see Seasonings and Sauces, All-Purpose Seafood Dip).
* For the lump crabmeat, substitute canned crabmeat or 2 crabs, shelled.
* For the minced ginger, substitute 1 teaspoon ginger juice and blend into crabmeat.
* In step 4, instead of simmering, stir-fry the ingredients over low heat until the liquids are nearly absorbed. Omit the cornstarch paste.
* With "Black Bean Sauce"-Mash together 1 tablespoon fermented black beans (soaked) and 1 garlic clove. minced. Add to heated oil in step 3, stir-frying a few times. Then add the crabmeat. Omit the ginger root and soy sauce increase the sherry to 1/2 cup.
* With "Chinese Cabbage I"-Shred and blanch 1 pound Chinese cabbage stems.
Add with the scallion in step 3.
* With "Chinese Cabbage II"-Cut 1 pound Chinese cabbage stems in 3-inch sections. Cook until tender in stock or water then drain and keep warm. After step 5, arrange crabmeat mixture over cooked cabbage stems and serve.
* With Mushrooms-Drain 1/2 cup canned button mushrooms and add with scallions in step 3. Pick up steps 4 and 5.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.