1. Prepare a dip for clams (search for "Category: Seafood Dips").
2. Wash clams, in their shells, under cold running water to remove sand. Scrub with a brush if necessary.
3. Place clams on a shallow heatproof platter. Steam until clam shells open (5 to 10 minutes). See HOW-TO, _Steaming.
4. Serve clams in their shells, with the dip on the side.
NOTE: Clams may also be opened by boiling. Pour over boiling water to cover and boil until shells open.
* In step 3, place in a deep heatproof bowl 1 pound fresh spinach, with tough stems removed. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons soy sauce and top with unopened clams. Steam as directed.
* After step 3, shell clams and toss them in the clam dip then refrigerate to chill.
* After step 3, shell clams arrange them on a heatproof platter. Pour over a mixture of 2 tablespoons soy sauce 1 tablespoon sherry 1 leek stalk and 2 slices fresh ginger root, both minced. Steam 5 minutes more.
* In the variation above, substitute for the seasoning mixture 1 tablespoon shrimp sauce and 1 leek stalk, minced.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.