Total Calories: 63
1. Clean and shell lobster. Cut meat in 1/2-inch cubes.
2. Beat egg lightly and blend to a batter with cornstarch, water and salt. Dip lobster cubes in batter to coat.
3. Heat oil. Add lobster cubes, a few at a time, and deep-fry about 1/2 minute. Then reduce heat to medium and deep-fry until golden. Drain on paper toweling.
4. Arrange lobster on a bed of shredded lettuce, sprinkle with pepper and serve.
* After step 1, marinate lobster cubes in a mixture of 2 tablespoons sherry, 1 tablespoon oyster or soy sauce, and 2 slices fresh ginger root, minced. Let stand 30 minutes, tossing cubes occasionally then drain, discarding marinade. Pick up step 2.
* After step 1, wrap each lobster cube in half a strip of bacon. Pick up step 2.
* In step 2, for the cornstarch batter, substitute either of the following:
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten, and 3/4 cup flour. (If necessary, add a few drops of water to thin.)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten 1/4 cup flour 1/4 cup water-chestnut flour 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.