Total Calories: 291
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Slow Cooker Cooking Time: 3 1/2 to 4 hours on high or 7 to 8 hours on low
Last-Minute Cooking Time: about 5 minutes on stovetop
1. In a slow cooker, mix apple juice, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic powder and pepper. Add roast, turning to coat. Turn fat-side up.
2. Cover and cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours or until meat is very tender.
3. Transfer meat to a warm platter. Cover and keep warm.
4. Strain cooking liquid and place in a small saucepan (you will have about 1 2/3 cups). Skim off fat if desired. Over medium heat, bring to a boil.
5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix water and cornstarch until smooth. Stir into boiling liquid. Stirring, bring to a boil and boil for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve sauce separately.
Serve with fried rice and mixed Oriental vegetables.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.