Total Calories: 1,055
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Slow Cooker Cooking Time: 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low
Last-Minute Cooking Time: about 10 minutes on stovetop
1. Remove excess fat from chicken. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil. Transfer chicken to a slow cooker, placing dark meat on bottom. Place potatoes in slow cooker.
2. Discard any excess oil in skillet. Add water, dried parsley, bouillon granules, thyme. Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Stirring, bring to a boil, loosening browned bits from bottom of skillet. Pour over chicken and potatoes.
3. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours or until juices from chicken run clear and potatoes are tender.
4. Transfer chicken and potatoes to a warm serving platter. Cover and keep warm.
5. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Measure cooking liquid and add enough milk to equal 1 1/4 cups liquid.*
6. In a small saucepan, stir liquid and sauce mix until blended. Stirring over medium heat, bring to a boil and boil until slightly thickened.
7. Sprinkle chicken and potatoes with fresh parsley. Serve sauce separately.
Serve with buttered green beans and tossed green salad.
* Or add enough milk to equal amount of liquid on package directions.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.