Total Calories: 66
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Slow Cooker Cooking Time: 4 to 5 hours on high or 8 to 10 hours on low
Last-Minute Cooking Time: about 5 minutes on stovetop
1. Place onions in bottom of a slow cooker. Arrange short ribs on top and tuck bay leaf into center. Pour 1 cup of the beer over meat.
2. In a small bowl, stir remaining beer, brown sugar. Dijon mustard, tomato paste, bouillon granules, thyme, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour mixture over meat.
3. Cover and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 8 to 10 hours or until meat is tender.
4. Transfer meat and onions to a platter. Cover and keep warm. Skim fat from broth. Pour 2 cups of the broth into a small saucepan.
5. In a jar, shake water and flour until smooth stir into broth. Stirring over medium-high heat, bring to a boil and boil until thickened.
6. To serve, spoon some sauce over meat and onions. Serve remaining sauce separately.
Serve with poppy seed noodles, buttered carrots and cole slaw.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.