Total Calories: 193
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Slow Cooker Cooking Time: 2 1/2 to 3 hours on high or 5 to 6 hours on low
Last-Minute Cooking Time: 15 to 30 minutes on high
1. Remove skin and excess fat from chicken rinse and pat dry.
2. In a small bowl, mix oregano, seasoned salt and pepper rub into chicken, using all of the mixture.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in butter. Transfer chicken to a slow cooker.
4. Place water, lemon juice, garlic and bouillon granules in skillet. Stirring over medium heat, bring to a boil, loosening browned bits from bottom of skillet. Pour over chicken.
5. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on low for 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is almost tender.
6. Add parsley and baste chicken. Cover and cook on high for 15 to 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices from chicken run clear when cut along bone in thickest portion.
Serve with rice pilaf.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.