Total Calories: 75
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Slow Cooker Cooking Time: 3 1/2 to 4 hours on high or 7 to 8 hours on low
Last-Minute Cooking Time: none
1. Trim excess fat from steak. Cut meat into six serving pieces. Rub pieces with dry mustard. Dip in flour. Pound with a meat mallet until as much flour as possible sticks to meat. Reserve any remaining flour. Set meat aside.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil to bacon drippings in skillet. Brown meat in oil, adding additional oil if needed.
4. In a small bowl, mix salt, rosemary and thyme. Sprinkle mixture on each piece of meat. Place meat in a slow cooker.
5. Using same skillet over medium heat, brown onions. Transfer onions to slow cooker. Pour off excess drippings.
6. Stir reserved flour into drippings in skillet until lightly browned. Stir in water, tomato juice and garlic. Stirring, bring to a boil pour over meat and onions. Sprinkle with reserved bacon pieces.
7. Cover and cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours or until meat is very tender.
8. Transfer meat to a serving platter. Serve with sauce.
Serve with mashed potatoes and waldorf salad.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.