Total Calories: 445
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Slow Cooker Cooking Time: 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low
Last-Minute Cooking Time: about 10 minutes on stovetop
1. Layer in a slow cooker, in order, carrots, onion, celery, green beans, chicken, bacon and potatoes.
2. In a small bowl, stir hot water, bouillon granules, salt, thyme, basil and pepper. Pour over potatoes. Do Not Stir.
3. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours or until vegetables are tender and juices from chicken run clear when cut along the bone.
4. Transfer chicken and vegetables to a platter. If desired, garnish with pimiento and parsley. Cover with foil and keep warm.
5. In a small saucepan, stir cold water and flour until smooth. Stir in 2 cups of the cooking liquid. Stirring over medium heat, bring to a boil and boil for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve sauce separately.
Serve with croissants.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.