Total Calories: 15
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Slow Cooker Cooking Time: 5 to 6 hours on high or 10 to 12 hours on low
Last-Minute Cooking Time: none
1. Place onion in a slow cooker.
2. Trim excess fat from roast. Cut meat in half if needed to fit in slow cooker. Place in slow cooker.
3. In a small bowl, stir wine, au jus mix and seasoned pepper until blended. Pour over roast.
4. Cover and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours or on low for 10 to 12 hours or until very tender.
5. Remove meat from liquid. Let stand for 5 minutes before thinly slicing across grain. Strain broth if desired taste for salt.
Serve with hard French rolls to make sandwiches, adding onions if desired. Use liquid for dipping.
Note: If not serving immediately, sliced meat and broth can be held on low in the slow cooker up to 1 hour.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.