Total Calories: 119
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Slow Cooker Cooking Time: 3 1/2 to 4 hours on high or 7 to 8 hours on low
Last-Minute Cooking Time: 5 minutes on high
1. In a medium bowl, mix flour, curry powder, salt and cloves. Toss meat in mixture until well coated.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown meat in butter. Place meat in a slow cooker.
3. Layer over meat, in order, onion, bouillon granules, garlic and apples. Pour tomato sauce and water over apples. Do Not Stir.
4. Cover and cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours or until meat is very tender.
5. Stir in raisins and lemon juice. Cover and cook on high for 5 minutes or until raisins are softened.
Serve with couscous or hot cooked rice, sliced green onions, toasted coconut and chopped peanuts.
Note: Other lean stew meats such as beef or lamb can be used or a combination.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.