Total Calories: 81
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Slow Cooker Cooking Time: 3 1/2 to 4 hours on high or 7 to 8 hours on low
Last-Minute Cooking Time: 15 minutes on high
1. Place onion, green pepper and celery in a slow cooker.
2. In a pie plate, stir 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Add meat and stir until well coated.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown meat in butter. Place meat in slow cooker.
4. To skillet, add 1/2 cup water and bouillon granules. Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet. Pour over meat. Stir once.
5. Cover and cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours or until meat and onion are tender.
6. In a small bowl, stir remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon water, cornstarch, sugar and ginger until smooth. Stir into liquid in slow cooker. Stir in tomatoes.
7. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened and tomatoes are heated through.
Serve with Chinese egg noodles.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.