Total Calories: 986
Preparation Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Slow Cooker Cooking Time: 3 to 3 1/2 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low
Last-Minute Cooking Time: 6 to 8 minutes under broiler
1. In a small bowl, mix bouillon granules, parsley and poultry seasoning set aside.
2. Layer in a slow cooker, in order. Canadian bacon, carrots, celery and onion. Add water.
3. Remove skin, if desired, and excess fat from chicken rinse and pat dry. Place white meat in slow cooker. Sprinkle with half of the reserved seasoning mixture. Top with remaining chicken and sprinkle with remaining seasoning mixture. Spoon on soup. Do Not Stir.
4. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is tender and juices from chicken run clear when cut along the bone and vegetables are tender.
5. Transfer chicken to a shallow broiler-proof serving dish. Stir soup mixture and vegetables until combined. Spoon vegetables and some of the liquid over chicken. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
6. Broil 6 inches from heat source for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
Serve with noodles, mixed green salad and hard rolls.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.