1. Remove label and both ends of kidney bean can. Wash can and dry thoroughly.
2. Heat oil (1 1/2 inches) in 3-quart saucepan to 375°. (Diameter of saucepan should be at least 9 inches.)
3. Place 1 tortilla on top of saucepan. Holding can with long-handled tongs, place can on center of tortilla. Push tortilla into oil by gently pushing can down.
4. Fry tortilla about 5 seconds or until set remove can with tongs. Fry tortilla 1 to 2 minutes longer, turning tortilla in oil, until crisp and golden brown.
5. Carefully remove tortilla from oil, and drain excess oil from inside. Turn tortilla shell upside down on paper towels cool.
6. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
From "Betty Crocker's Complete Cookbook, Everything You Need to Know to Cook Today, 9th Edition." Text Copyright 2000 General Mills, Inc. Used with permission of the publisher, Wiley Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.