Organic Apple Citrus Cinnamon Fall Salad
Healthy and delicious.Yield: 4 cups
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: n/a
|1||large honeycrisp apple, organic|
|1||large granny smith apple, organic|
|2||medium oranges orange zest (zest is optional)|
|2||large lemons, juiced|
|3/4 teaspoon||cinnamon (add more if you'd like)|
|2 tablespoons||, grade b maple syrup (or to taste)|
|1/2||3/4 cup raw walnuts, organic|
|3 tablespoons||raisins (black or gold or mixed)|
|3 teaspoons||, , cold pressed flaxseed oil, , organic / unfiltered|
|* a dash or cayenne for a spicy accent|
|* a chopped avocado for even more healthy fats|
|* a few drops of real vanilla extract|
|chia seeds, * a few|
1. Dice your apples, add to a large mixing bowl. Add in the lemon juice.
2. Peel and slice up your orange. Add orange and a bit of grated orange zest (optional) to the bowl.
3. Add in the raisins, cinnamon, maple syrup and walnuts. Toss everything very well.
4. Add in the flax oil one teaspoon at a time - tossing AND tasting after each addition. You do not want to overwhelm the fruit with flax, so taste as your go. I like a nice amount of oil, but you may be more sensitive to the flavor.
5. Chill and serve. Tip: for quicker serving, make sure your fruit is chilled before making salad. Then you can serve right away.